Friday, January 14, 2011

May & JUNE

Hello, I am Ashwaan and my months are May & June,

MAY
------

I only used 2 pictures and the template which all of us decided to use as the calender's face. So this is the pictures and the template:-

My plan was to get a picture with a the head of a freaky person and a compilation of different characters of well known series

<As you can see I was lucky to get this picture as it had everything I wanted it to have. So without doubting it I went with it



 Alright, the template was discussed for along time, we wanted something

that represents the whole calender and blends with it at the same time, I gave an idea of a cage which on second thought was dumb as it did not mix with others, but this one perfectly matched with everything

Actually, this is a remodeled version of Raymond's old wanted poster theme thing, but this had no wanted poster effect to it what so ever making it blend with anything KRAZY ;)

SO, here is my character




 She or He (I have no idea =P) is like a devil's servant in hell (I think), and her eyes caught me, It was so cold that I wanted to use her.

So I set on my computer as usual to experiment, Let me tell something about myself. I think more than I do my work, I might think about my work for weeks while people try to work for the same amount of days. I come up with ideas doing this easily. So fellow classmates, don't think about ideas when you don't talk. (Walking, Jogging, Playing, Laughing) Anything.

*TIP- Make sure you always have a small notebook that can fit in t you pockets and write the ideas you get, I used to do that but I got lazy =P


SO I MASKED EVERYTHING, AND THIS IS HOW I DID IT


AND I DID THE SAME WITH THE OTHER PICTURE AND TEMPLATE AND EXPERIMENTED MYSELF ON A GOOD COMPOSITION



BUT, I FELT LIKE IT MISSED SOMETHING IN THOSE AREAS, SO I TOOK THE BACKGROUND PICTURE IN TO A NEW FILE AND CROPPED SOME CHARACTERS BROUGHT THEM BACK INTO THE MAIN FILE AND MASKED THEM HOW I DID WITH THE OTHERS. REMEMBER PLAY WITH THE LAYERS TO GET THE RIGHT MASKING TECHNIQUE YOU WANT.




REMEMBER FOLKS, this is how the crop tool looks like, I don't know the shortcut to it (never have been a keyboard guy even though its easy), but this helps you to cut in a hurried manner, Well I wasn't hurrying I just felt it didn't need to be cut neat as I was going to mask it like the others so there you go

THIS IS MY
FINAL PIECE


JUNE
------
PICTURES

Here is my lovely zombie, doesn't she look pretty =)
I am such a video (Guy reading this ROLES EYES)
hehe, anyways I say something in her eyes saying DUHHHH
like a zombie so I had to take her


AND THAT'S MY REASON TO PICK HER.



                                    
                                  
                                                              
Felt like hands were necessary to make it more awesome
On my first attempt I did not use hands, but on final work I decided to put it in


IT WORKS GREAT




Like the last one I had to use these guys, It looked awesome when I do that masking thing.

SO I CONSULTED WITH MY LEADER AND HE SAID THE GUYS WERE TOO BIG AND I NEEDED TO MAKE THEM SMALL SO THIS IS WHAT I DID






 After that I put in the template and Zombie in and inserted the hands on top of the template where as I masked the template vanishing it to make the people appear like my May work. And also I gave the zombie some britghness changes and gave the hands some shadow changes



AND WALLA, THE FINAL WORK


CONCLUSION

-----------------

I used only masking and nothing special except to give shadows to the June's Hands and Played with the brightness of the zombie.

You can ask me any questions if I wasn't clear enough for you =).

Thank you for reading and hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment