Thursday, January 13, 2011

[ My Part On Horror Calendar ]


NUR LIYANA AMIRAH BT MOHD ARIF

[ JULY & AUGUST 2012]

As you know, my leader team for Interlokal, Raymond has already posted our draft calendar from the beginning until the final calendar that we have agreed together in our blog. So, here, I want to show you how I did my works on this both months. Now, let begin.

  • First of all, our theme for the calendar of 2012 is Horror, just like Raymond mention it on the first post about the theme. So, for my part for this both months, I decide to choose Frankenstein and Grim Reaper Face as July and August 2012 calendar. Why I choose them for my calendar??, well, for the July, the reason is I mostly like green color and for me, Frankenstein is all in green color. Instead, he looks very cool in that color. August, because of I like Grim Reaper face very much, it looks evil and very grimey.

This the images for my July & August months

 
JULY
AUGUST

  • Next, Based from our agreement, this is our template for our's calendar so that each of us have the same template for the 12 months of 2012. This is the example of our template that each of us have to use it. Basically, there is a few things that must be changed. I need to change the October become July and August. The day also needed some changes but overall it must look in the same way.

  • From the template,we decided to use a You Murderer BB as font for the months, year and day. The color of the font must in the red color and  the holiday, symbol star is used as remark for the holiday and the font that we use are Times New Roman. Besides, we also decided that every of us must put the template on  the right side of the corner including the size of the template, there must be bigger so that the months are very well be clearer and people can read it.

JULY

FINAL CALENDAR 2012 FOR JULY 


This is the final calendar of July looks like once the all steps had been working out and done!!!


How to make  final calendar 2012 for July?? 


I search for black wallpaper picture as for my background and I make sure that the size of paper that I used is A4 size. 
 
Left Side Corner :



  • The image of the bigger Frankenstein, what I did is  I only take the image and I delete the background. I use ' quick selection tool ' and select the Frankenstein, copy and paste it on the black background layer on the left side as shown at above. I changes his color from dale gray color to green color by ' editing image '. I select the 'adjustments' and click on the ' color balance '. I make sure that I use Midtones for my Tone Balance and I control the color levels by using three color which are for the Cyan-Red, Magenta-Green and Yellow-Blue. Once the color of the image change like I want, I click it ok. So, my Frankenstein looks green just like I shown it on above. Instead, to make it look original, I double click on the layer so that the Blending Options will appear. I click on Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow and Outer Glow. But, before it, I also using a ' masking ' by brush so that it seems like having a shadow behind it. 

  • The lightning, I search for the image of lightning. Then, I place the image on the black background layer. The layer for the bigger Frankenstein, I make it invisible so that it not complicated and i easy to make the lightning as I wanted it to be. The color of the lightning, I changed it by ' editing image '. I select ' adjustments ' and click on the ' hue/saturation ', control the hue, saturation and lightness levels until the lightning turns green. So, that is for the lightning. Once it is ok, the layer of the bigger Frankenstein, I make it visible again and the result, the lightning shows behind of the bigger Frankenstein. You can referring the result on above picture. 

 Right Side Corner :


  •  The template for my calendar, I use the template just like I shown the example in above. Once I had changed it days, holiday and months, I dragging and paste it on the top of black background layer on the right side as shown in above picture. There is one stated there that for this month I didn't put any holiday because for July 2012, there is no holiday. So, that is the matter why I didn't put the holiday.

  • The template must be interesting, so, I think, I will use the only part of the head of Frankenstein. The original image of the Frankenstein is actually just one, so I duplicate the layer and arrange it looks like a border. But, before I arranged it and duplicate, first, I search for the another image of Frankenstein, using a ' quick selection tool ', I only select on his head. Then, I changed it color by ' editing image ', selecting ' adjustments ', click on ' color balance '. I control it color level balance just like what I did for the bigger Frankenstein. I copying the head and paste it on the template layer. Using a ' clipping mask' I make them looks blend together.


AUGUST

FINAL CALENDAR 2012 FOR AUGUST

This is the final calendar of August looks like once the all steps had been working out and done!!!


How to make  final calendar 2012 for August?? 
* actually almost the same things with the previous month.


I search for black background wallpaper picture as for my background and I make sure that the size of paper that I used is A4 size.
 
Left Side Corner :


  • The image of the grim reaper face, what I did is  I only take the image and I delete the background. I use ' quick selection tool ' and select the grim reaper face, copy and paste it on the black background layer on the left side as shown at above. I changes his variation color to become more dark by ' editing image '. I select the 'adjustments' and click on the ' curve presets '. I control the curve levels until it seem be darken. Then, I using ' quick selection tool ' again and select a little part of the grim reaper face. I select the ' filter gallery ' and click on the ' paint daubs '. So, it will give an effect on it. Thus, for his eyes, I using a brush, red color and just one click on the top of it so that it will look like a circle.

Right Side Corner :

  •  The template for my calendar, I use the template just like I shown the example in above and same like the previous one. Once I had changed it days, holiday and months, I dragging and paste it on the top of black background layer on the right side as shown in above picture. I also do some masking in this layer and that is the reason why there is a little bit different.


  • I wanted it to be more cool, so, I think, I will use the skull head. The original image of the skull  is actually just one, so I duplicate the layer and arrange it to be like that way. But, before I arranged it and duplicate, first, I search for skull image, using a ' quick selection tool ', I only select on his head.  I copying the head and paste it on the template layer. Using a ' clipping mask' I make them looks blend together.

CONCLUSION  
[ To conclude here, by doing this assignment 2 of computer graphics actually had teach me so many thing about a photoshop, from the very beginning until now, I really don't have any idea of what is photoshop do, but now I can do some work using photoshop by myself. For me, this is very challenging but somehow I was able to manage my work properly and done. Thank you to my group team especially my leader team, Raymond that he always supporting me to finish this assignment with all his patient. Thank you. =D ]


Some of my old drafted works before the final : - rejected

* the template is small




* the template is on the image



No comments:

Post a Comment